Distance Learning Technology Portfolios:
Distance Learning Support Portfolios:
Sample Distance Learning Offerings for Students:
- A computer (desktop/laptop) or mobile device (smartphone/tablet) that is less than 5 years old will work. Related portfolio →
- Speakers/headphones/earbuds for listening to audio or videos presented in courses. Related portfolio →
- 360-degree intelligent camera (webcam) for interacting in course activities that require video feedback from teachers or other students and video test proctoring. Related portfolio →
- A stable Internet connection of 56K or greater. Related portfolio →
- An Internet Browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version).
- Microsoft Office (includes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Related portfolio →
- Windows Media Player.
- E-mail, including its use for communication between instructors and students, distribution of syllabi, and turning in of assignments.
- Audio & Video Conferencing Software. Related portfolio →
- Desk or table and comfortable chair Related portfolio →
Sample Distance Learning Offerings for Schools:
- Audio and Video conferencing equipment to use via the Internet, including recording and storing audio/video, the ability to broadcast audio, and video teleconferencing. Related portfolio →
- Learning Management software. Related portfolio →
- Internet services including InterRelay Chat, MOOs, and MUDs, and online content-delivery servers. Related portfolio →
- Scheduling Platform for classes and testing. Related portfolio →
- Electronic mailing list processing software. Related portfolio →
- Additional Resources Schools may need to supply to students remotely:
- Ability to duplicate On-line curriculum in hard copy print. Related portfolio →
- Distribution/Mailing of hard copy curriculum. Related portfolio →
- Communications system (radio, dispatch equipment) to coordinate hard copy pickups or turning in assignments Related portfolio →
Free Resources for Parents*:
(the links below navigate to external provider websites and AWAY from NASPO ValuePoint)
- Edmodo is an educational technology company offering a communication, collaboration, and coaching platform for K-12 schools. Teachers, students, and parents can use Edmodo to communicate and continue education, always for free, when in-person learning isn’t possible.
- There are 2 companies that are offering FREE internet service to teachers or students over the next 2 months for qualifying customers:
- Teachers & Students: https://www.spectrum.com
- Student only: https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
*NASPO has identified additional resources that may be of interest but does not endorse, and makes no representations about, such resources.